If your aim is freedom from proprietary lock-in office productivity software, Metztli IT offers fee-based deployment and support for Apache OpenOffice version 4.1.9 – a richly-featured set of productivity tools that are intuitive, easy to use, provided at no charge and that include three applications: Apache OpenOffice documents, Apache OpenOffice spreadsheets, Apache OpenOffice presentations.
We even have experience in building and customizing the whole Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7/9 productivity suite from source!
Unlike other productivity suites, Apache OpenOffice:
- Available at no charge – helping businesses control software acquisition and upgrade costs
- Supports open standards – ensuring access to documents well into the
future using the standard file format (ODF), while also protecting current investments in Microsoft® Office with support for Microsoft Office file types
- Provides users an easy-to-use interface and online community for templates, tips and support
- Supports a global workforce – with Apache OpenOffice's native language support for over 28 languages
- Enables developers to extend their applications through support for plug-ins
- Allows Lotus Notes® users to create, edit and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations with the integrated version of Apache OpenOffice, which is built into the Lotus Notes client user interface